Dr. Fontana's philosophy:
My goal is to exceed patient expectations giving each patient exceptional surgical results.
My office staff provides unmatched personal attention to every patient. Every decision is
made with integrity assuring that the patient's best interest is my primary concern.
About Dr. Fontana:
Don J. Fontana, M.D. was trained in general surgery and plastic surgery at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, D.C. He is a Board Certified Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Inc. Dr. Fontana is a member of numerous scientific societies, including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, National Capital of Plastic Surgeons, Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons. In addition to his medical degree, he received a Masters of Science degree from Catholic University of American and is published in both scientific and surgical Journals.
Personal note from Dr. Fontana:
The phrase "if you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently," Is commonly asked of many professionals about their work. My response is a resounding, "I'd do it all exactly the same." Although my initial interests were in architecture, I found the shape of the human body and the aesthetics of body form much more intriguing. A beautiful woman or a handsome man is a blend of proportions and balance of facial and body characteristics. As the adage says, "find a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life," and so it is for me. Very few experiences in life give me the same level of satisfaction as a patient's sincere "Thank you". Whether it's the pleasure of seeing a patient's reaction to their newly reconstructed breast after cancer surgery, or the look in a child's eyes after correcting a cleft lip or the disbelief of a woman seeing a beautifully firm, contoured neck line after a face lift, there is enormous gratification knowing that these results are the product of my skills nurtured by years of experience, analysis, study and surgical technique.
Noteworthy Leadership Positions - Past and Present
• President, National Capitol Society of Plastic Surgeons
• Secretary/Treasurer - National Capital Society of Plastic Surgeons
• Chairman, Montgomery County Maryland Legislative Committee
• Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery, Suburban Hospital, Bethesda MD
• Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, Georgetown University Department
of Plastic Surgery
• Top Doctors - Washington Magazine
• Best Physician Specialists - Washington CheckBook Magazine
• America's Top Surgeons 2006
• America's Top Plastic Surgeons. 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009
• The Global Directory of Who's Who
• Best Doctors in American 2005 -2006